What a milestone! The sixth anniversary of Medieval Otaku! Most blogs only seem to last for two or three years, and so I’m happy to have dragged myself this far. It’s really no surprise that most blogs are done after two or three years: the circumstances from which one started have changed by then, and one might want to go on to something different. I have taken quite a few breaks when my own enthusiasm has flagged. Somehow, I still want to keep up with this hobby, and for that I can only thank my dedicated readers for all their support.
As we are on the brink of a new season, I just want to briefly list all of the new shows which have caught my eye. Then, I’ll give a brief program of the kinds of articles to expect in the near future.
Shows to Try out for Spring 2018
- Megalo Box
- Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
- Lost Song
- Fumikiri Jikan
- Dances with Dragons
- Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
- Golden Kamuy
- Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
- Steins; Gate 0
- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
- Sword Gai: the Animation
There’s a nice long list of titles to explore. Please tell me if I missed anything interesting. By the time I write up my first impressions post, I fully expect to have dropped seven or nine of the anime above.
Posts to Expect in the Near Future
- Winter 2018 Season Review in two parts
- Review of Paul, Apostle of Christ (the last great movie on St. Paul came out almost four decades ago: Peter and Paul, 1981)
- First Impressions of Spring 2018
- Reviews of older anime
- Those “Ask Medieval” posts
Point four will give me plenty enough to do since I’ve been holding out on you guys. I hope that you will enjoy what is to come. There’s also a post I want to write for Beneath the Tangles, which you may hope to see sometime soon.
Here’s to yet another year of blogging!