I’ve put off writing the acceptance posts for a few awards, and today seems a good day to rectify that. My thanks goes to Jiraiyan of Otaku Orbit for nominating me. Be sure to pay his blog a visit! Here are the rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Here are my seven facts. Chances are that I have mentioned a few in awards posts before, but I hope that they shall be new to you.
- My favorite medieval polearm is the voulge. (pictured above)
- My favorite pagan mythology would be Greek mythology, and my favorite character within it Hephaestus–mostly because the rest of the pantheon are completely devious. Though, I suppose it’s hard for Hephaestus to be as wicked as the rest because he’s wheelchair bound.
- If there’s one classic novel I’d like to see made into an anime, it would be Sir Walter Scott’s Quentin Durward. It’s about a young Scotsman joining Louis XI of France’s Scottish Guards during the Middle Ages, and the book counts as my introduction to Sir Walter Scott.
- I love Norse Sagas. My favorite is Njal’s Saga or The Saga of Burnt Njal, which is famous for containing one of the happiest resolutions to the cycle of violence one frequently finds in the sagas.
- I recently discovered how well beer can go with breakfast food. Coffee Oatmeal Stout by Good People Brewing pairs excellently with french toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon, Don’t fear, my dear readers! The “breakfast” was held during the evening at 8 PM.
- I’ve only ever left the borders of the United States once in order to vacation in the Turks and Caicos Islands in the Caribbean.
- In my opinion, the most impressive winner of the Medal of Honor is Sgt. Roy Benavidez. When the combat was over, his wounds were so severe that the corpsman almost had him zipped up into a body bag, and the only way Benavidez could signal the corpsman that he still lived was by spitting in the corpsman’s face. You can read his Medal of Honor citation here.
I hope that you liked some of the random facts above! Here are my nominees. I’ll limit myself to five.