Well, I offer great thanks to circlecitadel for nominating me for the Leibster award. Actually, he nominated me a long time ago; so it’s about time that I wrote this post.
Here are the requirements:
1)Post the Liebster award graphic on your site.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated the blog for a Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
3) The blogger then writes 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
4) In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, nominated bloggers should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5) The nominated blogger will in turn, nominate 9 other blogs with 200 or less followers (We’re guessing for our nominees) for a Liebster award by posting a comment on their blog and linking back to the Liebster post.
6) The nominated blogger will create 11 questions for their nominated blogs to answer in their Liebster post.
Without further ado, let’s go to part 3, 11 fun facts about myself:
- I consider myself a semi-conservative Roman Catholic.
- A Bookworm
- My personality may be described as INFP (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceptive). Therefore, I have a strong desire to help people, but am completely socially awkward—as any of my friends may tell you.
- I started learning Japanese after I discovered a talent for Latin. But, my main drive for learning Japanese was so that I could read Inuyasha in the original language.
- One friend described me as the most sarcastic person he knows. This bothered me for a long time, because I never thought of myself as sarcastic beforehand. Nevertheless, he was completely right.
- I’m a very big fan of tea. So much so that I’ve purchased a couple of books on it and my friends have described me as “a creature which subsists on tea.”
- I collect nicknames like they’re going out of style: Jay-Ray, Mustache Joe, the Bear, Sneaky Joe, Doctor, the Anime Pope, and the Vatican Assassin have all been applied to me.
- My friends remember me for always telling them stories about Nathan Bedford Forrest, my favorite character from the Civil War next to Joshua Chamberlain.
- I wrote a first draft of an epic fantasy novel, but never made it work.
- I always considered viking sagas as equal to comic books in entertainment value.
- When I was younger, I was in the U.S. Navy Sea Cadets.
Now, to answer the questions circlecitadel has about me:
1. How long have you been blogging? About 13 months now.
2. What is your favorite food? Nothing beats good Mexican food. Burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, flan, etc.
3. What type of music do you like most? 80’s rock and pop music. You can’t beat the 80’s!
4. Who inspires you most? Right now, it’s between St. Joseph and Padre Pio. It’s hard for me to choose between the two. When I was young, I would have said Theodore Roosevelt.
5. Do you have a favorite poet? Let me just say that Ovid rocks.
6. Do you have any pets? Two cats. Both are weird but one is more rambunctious than the other.
7. Do you prefer wine of beer or are you teetotal? I prefer wine, especially a good port like Graham’s or Churchill’s.
8. Do you listen to the radio? When I’m in the car. That’s where I listen to 80’s music.
9. Favourite film? Zulu. One of the best war movies of all time.
10. Favorite table wine? (Originally, this said favorite food, but see above for that) Zinfandel
- Religious leader you admire? I admire a bunch of them. St. Olaf of Norway, St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Benedict, Padre Pio, and St. Bernard of Clairvaux.
Now, for my nominees:
Ashita no Anime – Posts very thought provoking articles on anime. Always with an interesting perspective.
A Rather Silly Blog – An Orthodox Christian blogger with a great understanding of philosophy and theology who occasionally dabbles in anime.
Dusty Thanes – A very good friend of mine. Writes on anything from literature to politics.
Lobster Quadrille – A great and thorough reviewer of anime who always buys the anime he reviews. We need more people like him to support the anime industry.
Black Strawberry – Always writes fun and interesting articles on anime, which do not necessarily have to be on modern ones.
Anime September – A very intelligent and opinionated anime blogger from Hungary.
AngryJellyfish – Tends to post weekly, short anime reviews. We can only hope to see more of the in-depth, humorous posts this blogger excels at in the future.
Avvesione’s Anime Blog – Very, very thorough knowledgeable posts on anime. Often on a weekly basis.
MIB’s Instant Headache – A great critic of foreign films and anime.
Now, I gotta come up with some questions for them and me. Well, here goes:
- Who is your favorite novelist? Alexandre Dumas
- What is your favorite literary genre? I have always been a fan of fantasy literature, particularly epic fantasy.
- What’s your favorite beer, if you have one? Victory Brewing’s Baltic Porter.
- What made you decide to turn to blogging? I just wanted to hone my craft a little bit more.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
- Do you have a favorite anime? Rurouni Kenshin, as long time followers of this blog know.
- Which country would you most want to visit and why? In my case, I would most want to visit Croatia, because this is where my mother and her grandparents are from. Yet, I have never had the opportunity to set foot there.
- What is your favorite epoch in American history? In my case, this is the American Civil War. I love the personalities which came out of that terrible conflict.
- Who is your favorite actor or actress in old movies (pre-1965)? Jimmy Stewart.
- What is your favorite story from the Bible, if you have one? Mine is the part of the Passion Narrative with the Good Thief.
- Who was your hero when you were growing up? Theodore Roosevelt, as I mentioned above. His bookish ways were combined with a wonderfully adventurous personality.
Well, there you have it. I hope that you other bloggers enjoy answering these questions!