Dear readers, there are so many articles I wish to write and so little time! This lack of time has been exacerbated by my new iPhone. Prior to this, I had a phone which was so antiquated that it prompted the Verizon employee to comment “That’s one hell of an upgrade.” My fascination with this new phone has led me to waste countless hours, especially the fact that one can use the iBooks app to collect a library of free books on one’s phone! Mine includes the Douay-Reims version of the Bible, The Imitation of Christ, several works of Theodore Roosevelt, Henry Cabot Lodge’s biography of George Washington, several works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, several from Mark Twain, several from G. K. Chesterton, several from Xenophon, and others. At the moment, I’ve basically compelled myself to stop collecting books.
Today, I’m going on a spiritual retreat, so you won’t have any new articles for your perusal until Saturday at least. The rules for what I can bring on this retreat are rather amorphous: I know I may bring a bicycle and that I should bring swim trunks for the pool. Sounds more like a little vacation, right? But, there is Mass every day, spiritual talks twice a day, and confession on Tuesday. Concerning extraneous items, I’ve decided to limit myself to a kanji dictionary, certain grammars, certain religious works, and a couple of notebooks. All of which, I judge will not detract from the experience and prevent me from going bonkers.
But, here’s what to look forward to afterwards:
1. The next three articles of my Advice on Prayer series (the retreat should help)
2. A Review of Jules Verne’s The Adventures of Captain Hatteras (I know, I’ve put it off for too long!)
3. Tea reviews (a fun change from beer reviews)
4. A little article expressing my disbelief at seeing Suzaku Kururugi being so high in Anime Planet’s Loved Characters list (#136) and so low in the Hated Characters list (#20) 🙂
5. How Kenshin Himura of Rurouni Kenshin qualifies as a Christ figure
6. Some thoughts about the first two seasons of You’re Under Arrest and the Virtue of Simplicity
Well, those are the articles which have been on my mind for a while now. Pray that I find some time for them!